#thetogetherproject // Nguyen Family
Let me begin by saying that photographing this family was equal parts delicious and enjoyable! They invited me to have dinner with them and the experience alone still gives me chills. There is so much life and love around food and those we share it with, I am so appreciative to them for patiently guiding me through what I was eating and how to consume it. Experiencing what binds them together each weekend was such a treat.
"This project allowed us to reflect and appreciate, thank you for that. This task was by far the most difficult thing I have complete in a long time...because it was so meaningful."
1. Who is in your family? Our village family includes: Our parents, Tiem and Phung, my brother Peter and his wife TuVan, my youngest sister Sandy, my husband Duy, our daughter Zoey and our Brussels Griffon Shih Tzu rescue, Ewok.
2. If your family were a movie, which one would you be? The Wizard of Oz, because life is like the yellow brick road and the people you meet along the way will help guide and influence you in one way or another.
3. What are your core values? Make every day count. Life life for every moment. Love unconditionally. Respect yourself and each other. Forgiveness, practice it towards yourself and others. Be flexible and adjust to each others needs and wants. Be kind...always. Be humble. Be giving and continue to pay it forward. Communicate and share. Honesty is the best policy, even if it may not be what each other wants to hear. Show gratitude and appreciation for daily blessings and each other. Word hard, never give up. Have fun, life is short.
4. What scares you most as a parent? As parents, we are most fearful of failing our children. We hope that through our parenting that we instill in our children the strength and knowledge to make wise decisions and in mistakes, learn from them. We hope to raise kind hearted human beings.
5. What are your goals? We have many goals but our main goal is being happy in harmony with each other and to live each day with gratitude for our blessings.
Dear Little Z,
As I am writing this, you're fast asleep in my arms. We are thankful to have you in our lives and you make our hearts so incredibly full. While we are incredibly blessed to have you, you are equally blessed to have the village family that surrounds you. One day, you'll learn just how much they love you (and us). It's the type of love that fills your heart with joy and eyes with tears of happiness. It's this love called family. May you live everyday knowing your family loves you. Your purpose on this earth will shine through in due time. So have fun, travel the world as much as possible and take in all the lessons life has to offer. Don't lose faith in love and humanity, even if the world seems scary at times, life is beautiful. Live it to the fullest. Remember little Z, we will always walk beside you. Always.
Love, Mama, Daddy, and your village family