Beach & Pool Essentials
Memorial Day is upon us, which means days filled with warm Sun and family outings to the beach and pool are too! When we gear up to head out as a pack all the prep work can be daunting. Packing lunches, applying sunscreen, fetching towels, filling water bottles, packing the totes...it's a lot of work. Which means this isn't a quick trip, when I put this much effort into an outing we usually commit to a full afternoon or early evening of play. Here's a list of my favorite items that help make our time in the Sun enjoyable!
- Polarn O. Pyret - TWO TONED UV RASH GUARD TOP I love this top for boys and girls! The quality of the fabric has lasted swim after swim and even works well as a pass down piece to younger siblings, looking new each time. It's a great item for those under the six month age that cannot yet wear sunscreen.
- Vanicream, SPF 50 - Great for sensitive skin types and those with Eczema.
- Planet Box, LAUNCH BOX - I couldn't wait until next school year to share our favorite lunch box! It's eco friendly and still looks and works great after hundreds of dishwasher runs. Food stays put, which is great for our kids who hate their food touching.
- Guava Family, LOTUS CRIB WITH FUN SHADE- At 13 LBS that can be worn as a back pack (Yes, it folds up that small!), the lotus crib is easy to bring anywhere! A more in-depth post will come soon as why this is one of my favorite baby/toddler items. As for the fun shade, it's UPF50+, making bringing the littlest of the pack to the beach easy. I can zip him in for play time or rest while the older ones and I play near by, knowing that he's well protected from the hot rays of the afternoon Sun
- Polarn O. Pryet, QUICK DRY ECO UV FLAPHAT- My favorite hat for our little ones. It protects their neck, shades their face and performs well in the water. I especially loved it when Mozzy was too young for sunscreen.
- Lifefactory, 22OZ GLASS WATER BOTTLE- Hot days require lots of hydration, well every day does and this is our go to, gotta have it, water bottle. I think we own one of each size. The 9OZ is perfect with a sip top for Mozzy, the other kids prefer the straw top. It's a great bottle that is eco friendly and with the outer rubber lining, has yet to break on us!
- Badger Balm, SUNSCREEN- All natural, biodegradable, safe on coral reefs and eco systems. This sunscreen is made with five ingredients and works great! Easy to apply and isn't chalky or sticky feeling.
- Zoku, MINI POPS MOLD- When I buy popsicles they are usually way too big for our youngest two, but limiting that sugary treat would result in a full meltdown, I don't blame them! This year I discovered these pop molds! The serving size is perfect and I like that we can make our own creations with real ingredients and less preservatives, (recipes to come).
- L.L. Bean, GRAND TRUNK PARASHEET- This 'blanket' is perfect for the beach! Mildew resistant, sand doesn't stick, dries quickly, corners can be staked or filled with sand AND it folds neatly into a little 8"x5" bag (attached).
- Costco, 14 PIECE BUCKET PLAYSET- So far, my greatest investment yet this Spring. At under $20.00, this set has been a hit at the park! Each piece is functional and with it being 14 pieces we have had zero fighting over 'who gets what.'
- Thirtyone Gifts, DELUXE UTILITY TOTE- By far, the best tote I've owned, to date. It's not flimsy, there is pockets for organization. It holds ALL the kid's items and its easy to carry. I love to keep one in the van with extra outfits, diapers, wipes, first aid kit...ect.
- Janie and Jack, LEOPARD SWIMSUIT- It wouldn't be Summer without a little sass, and Miss Henrietta exudes plenty of it. One of my favorite companies for adorable swimwear that wears well and doesn't fade or pile...hurry on over to their site, it's on sale!
I'd love to hear what works well for your families! Happy playing!
*All reviews and suggestions are my own, this is not a sponsored post.