#thetogetherproject // Fiskness Family
This together project has grew some pretty amazing legs over the Summer and I so excited to start sharing the stories of the families I have been spending time with and those to come.
*I ask the same questions for each families...these are their answers:
1. Who is in your family? Luke, Katie, Zeke, Kaia, Livi, Jude, and Titus (3 dogs, 6 cats, 3 cows, 3 pigs, 3 horses, 1 goat, and a lot sheep and chickens).
2. If your family was a movie, which one would best describe you? "The Incredibles." A bit of craziness and adventure (without all the superpowers we wish we had) taking on life's challenges one at a time. We know that as we stick together there's nothing we cannot do.
3. What are your core values? The grace and faith that God has given us is central to who we are and our values. We value honesty, realness, simplicity, giving sacrificially, character, forgiveness, and being togethers. We love the old saying, "live simply so that others may simply live." We want our children to understand hard work and privilege so they can live with gratitude and give to others.
4. What scares you most as a parent? Many nights we have cried over the deaths of those without privilege. We struggle seeing all the hate and division that is so prevalent in our world. You want to leave the world a better place for your kids and protect them from so many things...but things seem to be getting worse. We are not without hope though as we believe that, be the grace of God, this isn't all there is and that we can make a difference in the midst of all the hate and anger.
5. What are you family's goals? We tell our kids to never stop learning and questioning and asking, "why." Our goal is for them to be deep thinkers and big dreamers. We want our kids to know what they believe and why. We love to live simply and naturally. On our hobby farm we raise all our own meat and have a three year goal of raising all of our own food.
6. Write a letter to your children:
Dear Zeker, Baby Girl, Liv, Ju Ju and T-Man,
May you always know you are wanted, loved and precious. We are proud of each of you and so thankful for the gift of being your parents. May you each learn to dream big and work hard. May your gifts and talents lead you to reach for success in whatever you do. Know that no matter where you go in the world, you can always come home.
You are each unique, strong, and beautiful in different areas. May you always stay close and understand the gift of balance that you give to each other. May you always be friends.
It is not your skin color, your gender, your DNA that makes you our children. God made you our children. He planted you in our hearts long before He placed you in our arms. Even if the world doesn't see how special you are, may you never forget you are truly special to us.
Love, Mommy and Daddy